Welcome to customers moving from our older Odin Automation Platform
For the past year, we have been deploying a good proportion of new customer accounts and services using our new billing and hosting platform.
We are now moving existing customers from our older irishdomains.com suystems to our newer platform in order to benefit from the improved services available.
There is more information available in the migration section of our new website but the main outline is below:
What are the differences between existing system and the new system ?
The new system provides enhanced security and improved performance for our customers. The main benefits are:
- New, easier to navigate billing and automation system - control panels are easier to use.
- Integrated ordering, domain/service management and support ticketing - everything though the one account.
- Support for Anycast DNS for domains - faster and more resilient DNS service
- Ability to enable two-factor authentication (2FA) for greater account security.
- LiteSpeed powered web hosting - at least twice as fast as Apache while 100% compatible
- Improved Webmail client including file sharing and chat.
- Specific supports for WordPress websites including update management and server cache control
What data is being migrated?
Ultimately, everything, but we'll be proceeding in phases, as outlined below.
Will the upgraded service cost more ?
No, we are simply updating the underlying service provisioning and management expiry date, renewal costs etc. will remain the same
Can I opt out of migration?
Unfortunately it is not possible to opt out as the new platform is required to provide safe and secure sservices for all our customers.
How does the migration process work?
Accounts will be migrated in a number steps, depending on the services used:
1. Firstly, we will create a new account for you on our newer website at https://id.ie - we'll notify you immediately that happens so you can log in and create additional account users etc.
2. Next we will migrate over any domain registrations to our newer system so that your domains will be billed managed through that new system from that point onwards.
3. We will then move billing information for all other services so that all billing takes place via our newer system
4. Over a longer period, actual services will be migrated away from our existing platform to our newer systems.
We'll do our best to keep you informed at each step in the process.
What should I do before the migration starts?
In general, no specific customer action is required in advance of the migration. If we do need you to do anything to help migrate particular service or during a particular phase, we'll let you know when the time comes. If you are using third party name servers for your domains, we suggest setting a low time-to-live (TTL) on website or email records to make any changes propagate faster, however we'll let you know closer to the time in such cases.
What if I have questions, or encounter issues with my services after migration ?
If you have any questions or post-migration issues, please contact our team via the integrated ticketing system in your new account. If you can't do that (or can't access your account), feel free instead to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to help.