What is happening ?
For the past year, we have been deploying a good proportion of new customer accounts and services using our new billing and hosting platform. We have now started the process moving our existing customers onto our newer platform in order to benefit from the improved services available. A brief outline of the process follows, however for more in-depth information please check our knowledgebase articles via the links below.
What are the differences between existing system and the new system ?
The new system provides enhanced security and improved performance for our customers. The main benefits are:
- New, easier to navigate billing and automation system - control panels are easier to use.
- Integrated ordering, domain/service management and support ticketing - everything though the one account.
- Support for Anycast DNS for domains - faster and more resilient DNS service
- Ability to enable two-factor authentication (2FA) for greater account security.
- LiteSpeed powered web hosting - at least twice as fast as Apache while 100% compatible
- Improved Webmail client including file sharing and chat.
- Specific supports for WordPress websites including update management and server cache control
How will the migration process work?
Accounts will be migrated in a number phases, depending on the services used:
- Firstly, we will create a new account for you on our newer website at https://id.ie We'll let you know when this happens so you can log in and create additional account users etc.
- Next, we will migrate over any domain registrations so that your domains will be billed managed through the new system from that point onwards.
- If you have non-domain services, we will then move the billing information for such services so that all billing takes place via the new system.
- Over a longer period, service content (websites and email) will be moved from our existing platform to the newer system.
We'll do our best to keep you informed at each step in the process.
What should I do before the migration starts?
In general, no specific customer action is required in advance of the migration. If we do need you to do anything to help migrate particular service or during a particular phase, we'll let you know when the time comes. If you are using third party name servers for your domains, consider setting a low time-to-live (TTL) on hosting or email records to make any changes propagate faster, however we'll let you know closer to the time in such cases.
Can I opt out of migration?
Unfortunately it is not possible to opt out as the new platform is required to provide safe and secure services for all our customers into the future.
Will the upgraded services cost more ?
No, we are simply updating the underlying service provisioning and management expiry date, renewal costs etc. will remain the same
What if I have questions or encounter issues with my services after migration ?
If you have any questions or post-migration issues, please contact our team via the integrated ticketing system in your new account. If you can't do that (or can't access your account) feel free to email us at email@example.com and we'll be happy to help.