If you want to point a domain registered through one Irish Domains Account, to a hosting package in another Irish Domains account, you can do so as follows:-
A. Remove the domain from the current subscription that it's on:
Almost all domains registered will be on some type of hosting subscription, even if only a "parking" subscription. To set the domain up on a different hosting subscription, it must first be deleted from whichever subscription it's currently on.
- Log in to the Control Panel with the domain registration.
- Under the "Domains" section of the Home page, click on the "Hosted Domains" link
- Click on the domain name
- In summary tab, under "General", click on the "Delete" button
NOTE: the above removes the domain from the subscription only. Billing will remain through the same account
B. Add domain to the hosting account:
Now that the domain has been removed from it's current subscription, you can add it to the hosting subscription:-
- Login to the Control Panel with the hosting subscription
- Under "Domains" section, select the "Hosted Domains" link
- Click "Add Existing Domain Registered Elsewhere"
- Enter domain name (without www)
- Select the hosting subscription that the domain is to be added to
- Tick box - "Zone management ability"
- Select "website" from the hosting dropdown box
- Add "Mail" if required***
- Click on the "Finish" button to complete
Changing subscriptions on a domain involves a DNS change so the above may take up to 3 hours to take effect.
*** If adding the internal mail (qmail) for the domain, please email "firstname.lastname@example.org" with the domain name and account number with the Hosting subscription so the domain can be re-authorized on our mail servers.