To order an SSL certificate, you must first generate a certificate signing request (CSR).
If you are ordering the certificate to use on Irish Domains shared hosting, please follow the following instructions:
[Generating a CSR & Private Key]
If the certificate will be used on your own server or hosting (including certs required for microsoft exchange) please follow the instructions for your particular system.
When generating the CSR, please ensure that the information encoded is as fully and as accurately as possible. In particular, please ensure that:
- The Common Name field contains the exact hostname that you wish to secure
(for example: www.yourdomain.com or webmail.yourdomain.com etc).
- The Organization Field contains the full legal name of the domain owner.
- The Country field contains the correct ISO two-letter country code
(IE for Ireland, GB for United Kingdom, DE for Germany etc).
- The CSR is signed with a RSA key of not less than 2048 bits.
- The email address is one of the following working standard addresses at the domain: ssladmin, administrator, webmaster, info, it, is.
If your domain is a .com, net, org, biz, info or other domain with publically accessible registrant or administrative contact information, then this address may be used instead.
- When you generate your CSR, please ensure that you save a backup of the private key used to encode the request.
Failure to do this may render the issued certificate useless and incur additional cost.
Once you have generated the CSR, please send it to us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will generate your order.
Once the your CSR is validated and your certificate is ordered, an authorization email will be sent from the Certificate Authority to the selected authorization email address from the above list. Please follow the instructions contained on this email in order to approve your request. When the certificate is issued, the certificate will be sent to the authorized contact email address. If the certificate is being used on Irish Domains shared hosting, please follw the following instructions to install it:
[Installing your Certificate]
If the certificate will be used on your own server or hosting (including certs required for microsoft exchange) please follow the installation instructions for your particular system. You may need to restart your server before the new certificate takes effect.
If your certificate includes a Site Seal, Card Payment Trust Logo, or other device, please follow the additional instructions in the email in order to enable this.