To install WordPress from the application vault:
- Login to your Irish Domains web Control Panel
- Select “Websites” on the Top Menu (If this is not visible, select your hosting subscription from the Subscription dropdown box at the top of the page)
- Click onto the domain you wish to install WordPress on
- Select “Site Applications”
- Click on the “Install” button & Select WordPress from the available applications
- The Installation page should confirm that both PHP and Database are enabled on the hosting package. Press “Next” to proceed.
- You will now be asked for some basic settings for Wordpress:
- (username, password, blog title etc: note: these settings can be changed later if required. See below re URL Path**)
- Click “Next” and “Finish” to complete installation
- The URL for your WordPress installations and Administrative login will be shown on the final page:
- This will normally be http://www.yourdomain.com
- Administrative login http://www.yourdomain.com/wp-admin/ (Login using the username & password you set in step 4. above
**URL Path : This will display “/wordpress” by default. This means WordPress will be installed in a subfolder called wordpress (i.e. www.yourdomain.com/wordpress). This is ideal if you wish to run Wordpress as an additional blog on your main website or if you are testing or developing a WordPress site. Folder name can be changed as required.
You can install directly to the domain root folder by removing the folder name “wordpress” and just leaving a forward slash “/”.
You can change this URL path a a later time if required.